For many businesses, content marketing campaigns have become a major part of consumer engagement and gaining the attention of the right audience online. However, it’s no secret that it has been a little more challenging lately for businesses to stand out online. We’re all engaging in video, audio, images, blogs, documents, and more. Which is 100% okay, each of these are proven to work for businesses (if you are doing it correctly).
As a Content Marketing Strategist and Coach, one of the top complaints I hear from my clients is that they don’t know how to or have the time to create high-quality content to get the desired engagement from their ideal client. Even when they do post good content the engagement is low. Have you ever felt like that? I know that I’ve been there. I would spend hours and hours researching and creating great content and still low engagement. I couldn’t figure out why no one was engaging. I know I’m not the only one who has experienced this, because i hear it on a daily basis.
Ofcourse you know I’m all about bringing solutions to my fellow Entrepreneurs challenges. So today I’m sharing with you ten content marketing tips every business needs to know to be successful in engaging their clients. Whether you are a service based provider, coach, consultant, or virtual assistant, you can apply these tips and gain more engagement. I applied these tips to my business and many of my clients have applied them and started seeing amazing results In just a short time frame.
Okay let‘s get into these 10 tips…
1. You should use your content to lead your customers through the buying process slowly. Avoid rushing them full-throttle through the conversion.
2. Use social ads to help increase the reach of your content marketing campaign. Pushing it through your social channels can give you a boost. A $10 to $20 boost on Facebook or Instagram can go a long way.
3. Build your content around a takeaway for your audience. If your audience has to work to see the value in your content, it won't work. The best marketing shouldn't feel like marketing.
4. Take every opportunity to guest blog on popular industry sites. Make sure you put a link back to your site. Guest blogging will help you build traffic and your brand authority.
5. Create a solid content marketing strategy. The most successful content marketers will have a documented plan in place before they begin creating content.
6. Create a solid plan for promoting your content. Utilize a checklist for each post that lists all of the social media channels and applications you want to utilize to promote your content.
7. Pay close attention to your analytics. Your analytics allow you to keep track of your most popular topics and those that are bringing traffic to your site. Create more of what works and get rid of the dead weight in your marketing strategy.
8. Talk and write as if you’re speaking to a friend. Your audience will be more likely to engage with content that is conversational.
9. Share your content and include the social media sharing buttons next to your posts.
10. Include evergreen content in your marketing strategy. It will continue to increase your traffic, long after the trending topics have disappeared.
Content marketing is essential for any business that wants to be successful. Remembering these tips when you are developing your content for your marketing campaign will help you to see a higher engagement from your customers. Content marketing can get overwhelming at times, trust me I get it. But know that you are not alone. If you are an entrepreneur and need some extra assistance with learning or building out a better content marketing strategy/campaign, I am here for you. Let’s hop on a call and map out a good plan for to get your business more engagement. Make sure you are following us on instagram and subscribe to our mailing list to get more weekly tips.